Saturday, October 13, 2012

Testing some things out


I find I have a lot more fun in life drawing because I play with colors and shapes more instinctually instead of trying to calculate designs, and I want to try to have that same feel in my digital work. I went and drew a couple days ago and I tried to do another drawing digitally to match the feel of the drawings I did in class. I used Mepxy brush markers for the paper drawings, and I tried to make a brush in photoshop that resembles the marker quality, but I only got so far.

If anybody knows how to add that kind of dried out marker quality to a brush that would be really helpful to know!

Hopefully I can incorporate this kind of look into my character design work and other aspects of design, but for now here is a pose that says nothing about anything really...just testing out the brush.



4 comments: